Sunday, October 2, 2011

Three Months as a Fulltime Freelance Writer


I reached the three month mark a few days ago, and I finally have a little time to write today. I have been so busy that I haven’t written anything for this blog in about three weeks. Month three has gone very well in terms of the amount of work that I’m doing. In general, I’m averaging thirty to fifty articles a week. Actually, I must admit, it has been a big challenge to do about fifty articles and to work about fifteen to twenty hours. This has been a month of late nights and early mornings. I’ve actually started getting up by 7 a.m. for most of September, and a couple of days a week, I get up at 6 a.m., and I go work for an hour or so before joining my husband for breakfast. I’ve found this to be an extremely productive system, though currently, I can only do it for about three days a week.

The good thing is that I definitely have enough to do, and I am making enough to pay the bills with a little extra leftover (for canning supplies mostly). However, I am still working for less money than I’d like in a few situations. I’m bracing myself for a fun conversation with Mr. Digital Picture Frame about upping my rate. However, I am currently writing for anywhere from $3 (for 300 word articles) to $10 (for 400 and 500 word articles), so that is fairly good. I know I can get higher rates eventually, but I am not entirely sure how to go about that. I’m currently having enough trouble with balancing out all of my clients’ needs.

I hope that by the end of next month or so, I will be getting better rates and not feel quite so frazzled.

Click here to see month two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment